Managing the revision process properly is key to efficient turnarounds & maintaining good will with your creators.
The first element to this is clear communication around deadlines and deliverables from Day 1. Once your creator has opted in, we recommend sending a message to them detailing the following:
- Deliverables (link to the brief)
- Timeline (when you expect their content to be complete)
- Payment/compensation for their work
- Maximum number of revisions for the campaign (ie. we reserve the right to request 1 round of revisions)
Hey! Thank you for your interest in working with Skoah. My name is Kiyana, I'm a part of the Skoah team. I'll handle all the communications through this chat, so please keep an eye out for new messages!
Before we activate you, we will need your confirmation of the following:
- You have viewed the campaign brief requirements and deliverable details (Deliverables: 30-Second Reel Style Video & 2 Static Images one a selfie with the product, the other a in-use product shot)
- You MUST provide content within one week of receiving the product & revisions must be made 5 days from request. We will ask for 1 round of revisions maximum.
We would also love it if you wanted to share your content on your social media platform, this is not a requirement, but preferred :) If you decide to do so, please include the link into the chat!
Let me know your thoughts and feel free to message or email me if you have any questions. Once you get back to me, we can take the next steps 🙂
Here are some common revision requests:
- Edits to the voiceover, or background music
***if you need a specific tone/talk track for your content, please request a script from the creator before they film their content to reduce friction
- Changes to Video editing (ie. adjusting transitions, background elements, etc)
- Adding additional information or scenes
- Removing a scene
- Editing a scene
- Updates to the still photo
- Caption adjustments
- Editing scenes, photos or content where your product is not represented properly, or to brand guidelines provided.
Areas we do not recommend requesting revisions for:
- Creativity/Audience Appeal: If creators use a tone or sense of humor that is consistent with the rest of their content this for a REASON! The creators content should feel authentic to their audience (this is what SELLS), asking for revisions for these areas may alienate the creators audience
- Asking for additional pieces of content without additional compensation
- Start to finish reshoot: before asking a creator for a total reshoot, please review your brief. If you did not specify that certain elements were required in your brief, please do not as a creator to reshoot their content with elements that were not made clear in the brief. However, if you are willing to add additional payments, then you can request a reshoot (as long as the creator agrees)
It’s important to keep in mind that creators are creative people with their own brand, sense of style and delivery. In collaborating with them, we encourage you to give them creative license to do what they do best as they build their brand, portfolio and follower base.
***Send over all revision requests in a single message - this way they can make all changes in one go rather than fixing one element at a time***