What is a SWOT analysis and why is it important?
A SWOT analysis is key to understanding the current state of your social media activities, identifying areas of improvement, and implementing new strategies to strengthen your brand.
What does SWOT stand for? Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, & Threats
- What are doing well across social? Which types of content are performing the best?
- What do followers/viewers see as the brands strengths? What draws people to your social media page?
- What is performing poorly? Which types of content receive the least engagement?
- What do followers/viewers see as the brand’s weaknesses? Are there common questions/objections that come up?
- What trends can we take advantage of?
- How can you turn your strengths into further opportunities? What types of content should be the basis of your page?
- What direction is the industry headed in and how can we use this information to implement new ideas and stand out from competitors?
- What are your competitors doing thats working and how can we do our own version of that?
- What threats do your weaknesses expose you to?
- Who are your competitors and what are they doing well?